IFRIS Digital Platform has developed a powerful web based software solution to address the needs of social scientists conducting empirical studies in the fields of Media Studies, Science and Technology Studies and Digital Humanities. The software platform CorText
is an open online service for heterogeneous data analysis, modeling and visualization. The platform has the ambition to provide powerful data mash-up capacities transforming the following various data sources to structured analytical database:
- Science and technology Information databases including scientific publications, patents, research projects;
- Digital archives of traditional media including press archives and online media sources like blogs, web sites, forums, social media;
- Specific databases - R&D projects, legal repositories, professional databanks;
- Qualitative data collected with surveys and interviews.
CorText platform offers a large spectrum of analytical tools integrating methods and approaches coming from Data Mining, computational linguistics, dynamical systems modeling, (post-)network analysis. We propose capacities for
- multi-scale analysis and mapping of heterogeneous systems,
- modeling of social and cognitive dynamics in online and offline communities,
- monitoring streams of media issues.
One can freely register and use the CorText platform at the following address: http://manager.cortext.net
Andreï Mogoutov (IFRIS, MIT, Aguidel) and Jean-Philippe Cointet (INRA-SenS, IFRIS, ISC-PIF)