Analyze a set of URLs to see whether they contain widgets, analytics or another type of trackers:
1. Insert a list of URLs (max 100)
2. Choose only to retrieve the trackers for the inserted URLs or also to include deeper pages. This is for instance useful when detecting social plugins on news sites - they are commonly present on deeper pages and not on the frontpage. Make sure to specify the max. number of subpages (e.g. 2) that should be included because it will slow the tool down.
3. Output is a CSV or a Gephi file
4. Optional: visualize the connections between the websites and the trackers in Gephi
But what if my source set has a 1000 URLs and I want to visualize them all in Gephi?
We like medium-sized data too! The tool tends to slow down or break down when using a large number of URLs. We recommend inputting 100 URLs at a time and then combining the Gephi files.
How to combine the Gephi files?
1. Open a first .gexf file
2. Go to File > Open > select a second .gexf file > open
3. In the Import report dialogue select Append Graph, this will merge the two .gexf files (graphs)
4. Repeat step 2-4 to merge all your .gexf files into a single graph.