Cross-spherical content comparison
Anne, Nadia, Theresa, Carolin, Elisheva, Sanjay
1a. How is an issue being discussed across the different spheres/platforms Google web, Google news and Google blogs ?
1b. Which sources are prominent/marginal?
2a. How is an issue being taken up in the commentspace of Google web, Google news, Google blogs?
2b. How are the sites being taken up by social media platforms in terms of X of likes, shares, tweets, diggs and inlinks?
Steps in Method
Method 1: Creating Tagclouds for Web, New and Blogosphere
- Query Fukushima ~nuclear
- Take top 25 URLs from Google Web, Google Blogs, Google News
- Copy paste content from URLs
- Cloud content (exclude following terms from tag cloud: Fukushima, Nuclear, edit, and update)
Method 2: Comparing the spheres
- Get all keywords and their frequency by pasting the raw text into https://tools.issuecrawler.net/beta/tagcloud/.
- Paste the results into https://tools.issuecrawler.net/beta/tagcloudToWordle/ and them import them into Excell.
- Triangulate Google Web Text, Google News Text, Google Blog Text.
- Compare lists for the text and comment space of each sphere.
Google Web Comments
Google Blogs Comments
Google News Comments
This project is part of the DmiSummer2011Projects